Monday 26 November 2007

Change..

Change is an inevitable part of life. We may not like it or want it, but, nonetheless we will all face change in our lives.
Many try and get through life without changing or letting anything change around them. They, basically, hate change. But change will come and many times be forced upon us. Nobody, I believe, enjoys change, but we do have to deal with it. Whether it is a change in career, change in location, change in family dynamics, change in economical enviroment, change in our financial situation, change in age, change in our bodies- everything changes. To try and maintain a status quo throughout your life is impossible. Change is guaranteed to stay!
What is required:
  • Flexibilty
  • Adaptability
  • Endurability
  • Character
  • Vision

But just knowing we face change every day and preparing for it is one thing, but then we have to overcome our own insecurities and shortcomings. I have found that even when I do embrace the changes that are before me, still the whole frame of my character has to constantly be managed, in a sense, to deal with that change.

These changes we face, big or small, have to and will be pulled through all our 'filters' we have built around our insecurities. But we must face them at whatever cost we feel to our own souls, because it is only by facing, enduring and embracing change that we experience the growth, take advantage of the risk and overcome in this life.

In our own life, as a famly, we have had to embrace challenging change. Moving continents has been, at my age, quite a daunting experience. But God requires us to change in the light of His positioning us for destiny. Contrary to critics, I don't change for what I personally think is personal benefit, I look only for the change that the Lord requires of me, because that will be His perfect will for my life. Personally, I hate change, but have found that embracing it causes me to grow in character and in the elements required for future change.

No comments: