Monday 15 June 2009

The Quest

Mentor-Father, is not a role a person could just assume in a person's life. It is a place that has to, in a way, be given, earned and, certainly be destined.

As my heart began to yearn for more knowledge and skill of what a mentor-father should be, my quest was to discover how to do this. Personally, my own father had been good to me, but absent and lacking in passing on the skills of fathering. The father-mentor in my life was being an amazing inspiration and source of impartation to my life. His influence was creating a definite sense of being just who I am and need to be. Spending time with him on a regular basis fashioned me more and more into a secure self-sufficient individual capable of functioning without the constant approval of certain groups. This influence helped me to quit wanting to be like someone else or anybody else other than myself, simply because I didn't believe in who I was. I realised how that, my view of myself, had an impact on on how I functioned, how I related to others, especially leaders. Many didn't know I would just tremble inside when I spoke to them. I needed their acknowledgemnet; I needed their acceptance; I desperately needed them to approve of me. I worked so hard to have them as friends, to belive in me; and yet I couldn't find it there. The more I sought it, the more I seemed to be rejected, the more insignificant I seemed to end up feeling.
Except for the man who was destined, whom I had given permission in a sense, and
who through his own strength of character and open-heartedness, was now my mentor-father.
Outside of his influence, there were no books, CD's or DVD's about the topic to guide my thinking and understanding and quest to learn. No, I had to depend on the what I would learn through impartation.
Honestly, I now see that is the only way we can in fact learn this age-old skill, passed down from the Heavenly Father Himself.

Who has permission to impart the skills of the father's to your heart?
Who do you trust to leave behind in your life the understanding necessary to pass on the skill to another generation?
Is there someone you believe is destined to do this with you?

No comments: