Friday 19 June 2009

Who's Your Daddy?

What I noticed over the years is how men want to be a father before they have been a son. For my son to be a good father, he will have to learn to be a good son or child first. He has observed my ways within the family, with his mother and with other social contacts. He has observed my way within my responsibilities and roles that I have taken on in my life. All this has imparted to him a way of being himself but with a constitution, with character, with guidelines, with principles.

All over the world we see the results of children growing up without fathers, a generation without mentors. We don't realise when we are young that we need a father/mentor in our lives. We cannot bypass this stage in our lives, this need, this input in our lives. Not physiologically, emotionally or spiritually.

We need the journey, the process, the relationship of a mentor-father in our life, which will give us the skill, the character, the vision, the depth, the understanding, the will and the values to be a mentor-father.

Every coach has been coached.

Every father has been mentor-fathered.

No comments: