Tuesday 9 June 2009

The Mentor-Father

Where does a journey begin, really? It could start anywhere. But let me tell you where mine started - searching, unknowingly for a mentor-father. I was insecure and rejected by some whom i highly respected and needing the affirmation of a mentor-father. It just seemed nobody understood what that meant. I didn't even know what that meant.Until a friend explained it to me and suggested I request a certain man to be a mentor-father to me.
When I did it seemed that a weight lifted off of me that had kept me inferior for so long. His acceptance and unconditional love offered me a whole new world of understanding of myself and of others. No more would 'leaders' be out of my league. No more would I feel insignificant in their presence. No more would I have to do anything to 'earn' their acceptance and love. I didn't 'need' their acknowledgment anymore.
You talk about liberation! This was huge! Our journey since then has experienced joys and tests, but that commitment to journey together stood the test of time. What an understanding of mentor-fathering it deposited in me.
what a threat it became to others...
Till next time.

No comments: