Wednesday 17 June 2009

Where Are The Fathers?

There is such an orphan cry from so many in the world: "Where are the fathers?", Who will father me?".

At one Sunday service, during that early period when I was being illuminated in the dimension of being a mentor-father, I sensed an urgent need to call all the men forward who had never been hugged by their father. To my surprise a very large part of the audience came forward. These included even older men who probably were grandfathers themselves by now.
As I went from individual to individual and hugged their neck whispering encouragement of a fathers love to them, many, many broke down and began to weep, experiencing a release from years of missing something that everyone needs in their lives - the love of a father.
I am not sure if it was the physical hug that I gave or just an acknowledgment on their part and subsequent affirmation of a fathers love that resulted in the reaction.

Even more surprising was the response from the women and young girls from the audience. It broke my heart to see their reaction. I wept as I affirmed each lady. Their pain from rejection and abuse and lack of love was so emotionally and visibly evident. But what a freedom permeated the auditorium that morning as we concluded the meeting.

Again, I could only go to my study later that day, and realise the huge need there was for mentor-fathers to invest in a hurting, rejected generation.

Do you realise that the kid next door, sitting next to you in church, or attending your child's or grand-child's school could be, and probably is crying out for the affirmation and acknowledgment of a mentor-father?

No comments: